Garden Design & Planning
Healing Gardens / Hospital Gardens
Alien & Invader Species Consultant (SAGIC)
Environmental Management Plans
SA Botanical Society Member
Biomimicry (Biomimicry Institute)
Conservation of Historical Gardens
Veggie & Herb Gardens or Boxes
"Never underestimate the healing power of a quiet moment in the garden."
- Chinese proverb
Landscape Design Service -
Please enquire about a Quotation. The Initial Consultation / Quotation amount needs to be paid for in advance before an appointment is confirmed. The Consultation will include the following:
1. The Initial Garden Consultation / Quotation will include:
* A meeting with the client on the site for 45 minutes - an hour.
* Conducting a Site Inventory and Analysis.
* Determining the needs of the client and getting a written brief from the client. Discussing and deciding on a Garden Style.
* Greenscape, Hardscape and Waterscape requirements are discussed.
* Drawing a rough Conceptual Design Plan. This is not to scale and usually done in pencil rough sketch format.
* If the Quotation is accepted by the client, then the fee for the above will be deducted from the final invoice after the project is
2. Drawing a Final Master Plan.
This is not always required, depending on the clients budget and brief. Often a Concept Plan is sufficient.
A Master Plan is drawn to scale and will show exactly where all the plants, hardscaping and features will go. Colour is used to
identify different plants and elements on the design. The amount of plants is also calculated as closely as possible for the
A Master Plan is a great idea if the client would like to implement it themselves as and when is suitable to them. Architects often
request these types of plans for the client. These plans are charged per hour to draw and a quotation will be given if one is required.
3. Environmental Rehabilitation - When an area of land needs to be rehabilitated, an Environmental Rehabilitation Plan is developed specifically for the area introducing specific plant species which are indigenous or even endemic to the area.
4. Environmental Management & Control Plans: These are developed to be in keeping with the NEMBA legislation of South African National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act 10 of 2004 .
Alien & Invasive Species Consultant - Management Plans & Control Methods. Each site is assessed and a Environmental Management Plan is drawn up for a particular parcel of land and it's problem species.
These EMP's (Environmental Management Plans) also include Monitoring each specie.